Reputation Management Services
Why Reputation Management?
In today’s digital landscape, customer reviews for a business, product or service can be vital to the long term growth and success of any company. Your online reputation is an important factor in acquiring new customers that may not be aware of your product or service. Positive feedback, testimonials and customer reviews gives your company or brand an advantage over the competition who are not aware of the importance of reputation management. The reason is simple… SOCIAL PROOF!
Here’s a quick break down on Social Proof… Social proof (also known as informational social influence) is a psychological and social phenomenon where people assume the actions of others in an attempt to reflect correct behavior in a given situation.
Social proof is considered prominent in ambiguous social situations where people are unable to determine the appropriate mode of behavior, and is driven by the assumption that the surrounding people possess more knowledge about the current situation.
The effects of social influence can be seen in the tendency of large groups to conform to choices which are either correct or mistaken. This is referred to in some publications as the herd behavior.
Having reviews posted throughout your website and/or social media platforms can have a tremendous impact on your bottom line and your brand. Since most consumers trust online reviews, this can be a good thing when the reviews are favorable. Even negative reviews, when managed well, can leave a good impression of your business and be a valuable marketing tool to promote your brand.
Customer reviews are absolutely critical to the success of your business for many different reasons. Here are a few reasons why your business needs customer reviews now:
- Increase Sales – There is no better way to drive sales than to have satisfied customers leave great reviews on your site. Most online shoppers trust reviews they see online and have immediate information available at their fingertips to decide if they want to buy your product or service. The bottom line is, customers are more likely to buy if they see positive reviews on your site.
- Achieve a Higher Search Engine Ranking – The more activity there is on your website, the higher your business will rank on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This is a great strategy for attracting new customers.
- Meet Your Customers – Reviews can give you valuable information about who your customers are, what they are looking for, and how your product could better meet their needs. In fact, ideas for improvements often come directly from customers. Reviews also tell you how consumers perceive your business and allow you to evaluate whether brand perception is in line with your vision.
- Improve SEO Keyword Content – A higher number of reviews creates further opportunity for SEO keywords to be used more frequently on your website. This leads to better results when consumers do searches for these keywords and expands the likelihood of your business being found.
- Enhance Your Marketing Campaign – A glowing review is the gift that keeps on giving. The post stays on your website days, months and even years after it has been written, providing a persistent, positive representation of your business while improving brand recognition. This secret weapon benefits your business in both the short and long-term.
- Provide Great Customer Service – Reviews are an opportunity to provide great customer service and cultivate a relationship with your customer. If a customer is happy, thank them for their business and you will likely get repeat and loyal customers. If a reviewer is unhappy, you have the opportunity to “make it right” by responding quickly and efficiently to their complaint. This can create an atmosphere of trust and loyalty that is also attractive to other potential customers.
- Keep Your Customers Actively Engaged – Customers who leave reviews like to know what other customers are saying about your business and to see if other customers have commented on their reviews. Customers are also more likely to leave a review if they see other reviews posted. Dialogue between customers can result, creating a customer community. This keeps your customers engaged in your business and stimulates repeated views of your site.
The best way to spread the good news about your business is to encourage your customers to leave reviews. Since well-intentioned customers often forget, this can be challenging. Develop a creative strategy to get the reviews you need and you will see your business grow in more ways than you could have imagined.
You can trust the experts at Mobile Giant to manage your online reviews and build the reputation you need to make your business a huge success. For more information, contact us at (213) 297-5829.
Frequently Asked Questions
More than 93% of all online experiences start with a search engine query, and nearly 73% of consumers trust search engines when evaluating the reputation of a brand. Building a strong search engine profile is a critical part of any online reputation management strategy.
Q: What are online reputation management services?
A: Reputation management, according to Wikipedia means: involves creating the best possible online image for your brand. These services work to ensure that positive news and reviews are the first things customers (and potential new leads) see when they search for your business online.
For businesses that have negative information about them online, these services deploy various strategies to push undesirable stories and reviews off the first few pages of search results.
For businesses with a positive online image, online reputation management services monitor the web to ensure the reputation stays positive and that when anything negative pops up, the business can respond immediately.
Online reputation management can also include a crisis response if a major incident occurs, as well as review management to ensure your online reviews are positive.
Q: What are some online reputation management strategies?
A: There are several strategies that online reputation management services employ to boost a brand’s online image, including the following:
- Search engine optimization: Reputation management companies ensure that your online content is optimized for search engines. They make sure your content has the right keywords, metadata and headlines to give it the best chance of being seen when people search for your business or businesses in your industry.
- Content creation: These firms create content for you, such as articles, blog posts, wiki sites, press releases and business profiles.
- Review management: Online reputation management services can monitor your online reviews on sites like Google, Facebook and Yelp. This gives you the chance to quickly respond to negative reviews and promote positive ones. These services can also help with the acquisition of reviews. Some companies focus specifically on these strategies. They provide a platform where you can manage every review-management task from a single location.
- Social media management: Online reputation management companies can manage all of your social media accounts. This includes setting up profiles on all relevant social channels, deciding what and when to post on those networks, and monitoring them for negative reviews.
- Third-party website monitoring: Online reputation management services can also monitor other sites to see if people are talking about your business. The companies look at review sites like Yelp and Glassdoor, as well as any other websites or blogs where your business is being discussed. This ensures that you always know when people are talking about your business online and what people are saying.
Q: Why do you need online reputation management services?
A: While some people may think that only businesses with poor online reputations need this type of service, all businesses can benefit from some level of online reputation management.
Businesses with negative reputations can use these companies to help repair their image. These companies can employ strategies to reduce or hide negative discourse about the brand. These strategies include creating new, positive content that pushes negative articles farther down in search results. Crisis management strategies can be employed if there’s a serious incident that requires immediate attention.
Businesses with positive online reputations can use these services to ensure their image stays that way. It can be valuable to have these services monitor the web for mentions of your brand. Reputation management firms can promote positive news and reviews when they appear online, and if something negative pops up, they can quickly notify you so you can respond and rectify the situation as soon as possible.
Q: How can a negative online reputation hurt you?
A: More than ever, consumers rely on the internet to determine where they shop, what they buy, where they eat and where they spend their money. They conduct research online and read reviews from other consumers to determine the best businesses to use. Knowing the high premium today’s shoppers place on what they see online, it is imperative that businesses keep a positive online image. A few bad reviews or negative online articles can do some serious damage.
March 2020: Monitoring your online reputation, especially customer reviews, is more important than ever. According to recent surveys, 70% of consumers check multiple review sites when considering buying from a local business. (The average consumer reads 10 reviews before they feel they can trust a business.) Nearly half of consumers surveyed said they would not use a business that has less than four stars. As a small business owner, it is essential that you actively monitor your company’s online reputation to ensure you are meeting the needs of your customers.
You want customers to judge your business for themselves. However, if they see some bad reviews online, there is a good chance they’ll turn to a competitor that has a better online image. In the end, you may never get the opportunity to prove those bad reviews wrong, because shoppers won’t give you a chance.
Q: How much does online reputation management cost?
A: While some companies have set service plans with a dedicated monthly cost, most services customize pricing for each business, because not all businesses have the same reputation management needs.
Most online reputation management providers conduct an initial analysis to see the strategies your business needs the most. Based on that information, they build a campaign package for your specific needs. The costs can run anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars per month. It all depends on the type of work that needs to be done. Some of these services require a three-, six- or 12-month contract, while others work on a month-to-month basis.
Q: How long does online reputation management take to work?
A: There is no set time for how long it takes to see results from online reputation management services; it depends on the state of a brand’s image and the strategies used. Some businesses may see results within the first month or two, while others may not see the full results for six months to a year. It is important to remember that these services aren’t offering a quick fix; they’re employing strategies that take time to show results. Businesses that are patient usually reap the rewards of online reputation management services.