Why Reputation Management?In today’s digital landscape, customer reviews for a business, product or service can be vital to the long term growth and success of any company. Your online reputation is an important factor in acquiring new customers that may not be aware of your product or service. Positive feedback, testimonials and customer reviews gives your company or brand an advantage over the competition who are not aware of the importance of reputation management. The reason is simple… SOCIAL PROOF! Here’s a quick break down on Social Proof… Social proof (also known as informational social influence) is a psychological and social phenomenon where people assume the actions of others in an attempt to reflect correct behavior in a given situation. Social proof is considered prominent in ambiguous social situations where people are unable to determine the appropriate mode of behavior, and is driven by the assumption that the surrounding people possess more knowledge about the current situation. The effects of social influence can be seen in the tendency of large groups to conform to choices which are either correct or mistaken. This is referred to in some publications as the herd behavior. Having reviews posted throughout your website and/or social media platforms can have a tremendous impact on your bottom line and your brand. Since most consumers trust online reviews, this can be a good thing when the reviews are favorable. Even negative reviews, when managed well, can leave a good impression of your business and be a valuable marketing tool to promote your brand. Customer reviews are absolutely critical to the success of your business for many different reasons. Here are a few reasons why your business needs customer reviews now:
- Increase Sales – There is no better way to drive sales than to have satisfied customers leave great reviews on your site. Most online shoppers trust reviews they see online and have immediate information available at their fingertips to decide if they want to buy your product or service. The bottom line is, customers are more likely to buy if they see positive reviews on your site.
- Achieve a Higher Search Engine Ranking – The more activity there is on your website, the higher your business will rank on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This is a great strategy for attracting new customers.
- Meet Your Customers – Reviews can give you valuable information about who your customers are, what they are looking for, and how your product could better meet their needs. In fact, ideas for improvements often come directly from customers. Reviews also tell you how consumers perceive your business and allow you to evaluate whether brand perception is in line with your vision.
- Improve SEO Keyword Content – A higher number of reviews creates further opportunity for SEO keywords to be used more frequently on your website. This leads to better results when consumers do searches for these keywords and expands the likelihood of your business being found.
- Enhance Your Marketing Campaign – A glowing review is the gift that keeps on giving. The post stays on your website days, months and even years after it has been written, providing a persistent, positive representation of your business while improving brand recognition. This secret weapon benefits your business in both the short and long-term.
- Provide Great Customer Service – Reviews are an opportunity to provide great customer service and cultivate a relationship with your customer. If a customer is happy, thank them for their business and you will likely get repeat and loyal customers. If a reviewer is unhappy, you have the opportunity to “make it right” by responding quickly and efficiently to their complaint. This can create an atmosphere of trust and loyalty that is also attractive to other potential customers.
- Keep Your Customers Actively Engaged – Customers who leave reviews like to know what other customers are saying about your business and to see if other customers have commented on their reviews. Customers are also more likely to leave a review if they see other reviews posted. Dialogue between customers can result, creating a customer community. This keeps your customers engaged in your business and stimulates repeated views of your site.